Riding The Marketing Struggle Bus
You have been struggling for months to make a successful small town business with no large returns. You have completed marketing plan after marketing plan but still have nothing to show for it. You keep asking how you can compete with that trusted family guy who everyone knows and who has been in the business for 35 years. Does this sound like you? We can help!
Marketing in a small town is an entirely different animal than marketing in a large city. People are more aware of your success and most importantly your mistakes
, and as a young business professional just starting out, there will be mistakes.
We have listed a few ideas that may help you stand out and win new business.
How To Stand Out As A Young Professional In A Small Town
- Know who your target audience is and act accordingly- For example, Millennials , (first-time homebuyers,) are the largest generation in the United States, and they are taking the housing market by storm. If you are in the real-estate business, or any business pro for that matter you must learn to speak your audience’s language. What is the millennial language? Hashtags, Leetspeak, and emojis. So if that means you must learn to be a social-media guru, so be it. Or hire one. 🙂
- Show your face- Go places and do things. Make sure your face is well known and that people are aware of your job title. Small towns are great places to mingle as you can easily make long lasting contacts and new friends without putting in much effort. Saturday football game? Go and support your hometown team all while making conversation with potential customers.
- Advertise- In a small town old forms of marketing are still very popular. Advertise in your local newspaper, and on the radio. A perk of living in a small town? let others advertise for you. Word of mouth, is a significant form of advertising. Do good work and the word will get around.
- Take advantage of social-media marketing- This FREE form of marketing can show significant returns if done correctly. To give you an idea of how large your online audience is there are 1.09 bilion active daily users on Facebook and 310 Million monthly active users and that’s just two of the many sites you can use to grow your business.
- Have an Impressive and user friendly website- To have one you must have the other. Your site may be the best looking site out there but if people can’t figure out how to maneuver it it’s useless. On average a person will look around on a website for a specific “something” for 59 seconds before moving on. “A confused mind never buys,” says John Childers, business trainer and success coach. (Website developer near you)
Ready Set Go!!!
The business world is a cycle, and it’s your turn to step up to the plate and swing. Be willing to go the extra mile and work a little harder to generate that one lead that may not go anywhere. Push yourself to be more involved even if it’s the last thing you wanna do on your day off and use the small town way of life and atmosphere to your advantage. You may eventually end up being that trusted family guy who everyone knows and who has been in the business for 35 years.
“It’s not about how many years of experience you have. It’s about the quality of your years of experience.”
– Jacob Cass
Need help implementing these tips into your NEW marketing plan? Contact us!